Our 'Attendance Advocates' responsibility club meets every two weeks.
Our role is to:
- Help Mrs Hook share the message of the importance of high attendance through assemblies, newsletters, school website etc.
- Support Mrs Hook in identifying pupils with excellent and improved attendance every term.
- Decide on suitable rewards for pupils with excellent and improved attendance.
In addition. the Chairperson and Secretary work weekly to:
- Collect weekly attendance reports from Mrs Curnow (School Secretary) and review them to identify the classes from both Foundation Phase and Key Stage 2 with highest attendance.
- Share weekly attendance figures with the whole school during a Monday assembly and present weekly attendance certificates and awards to classes in both the Foundation Phase and Key Stage 2 with the highest weekly attendance (from previous week).
Certificates are awarded by Attendance Advocates for the following:
Attendance Advocates undertook a survey to find out what pupils would like as a reward if their class won the best attendance award.
Visiting a softplay centre came out on top!!
Year 2 enjoyed a morning at 'Play' softplay centre as a reward for winning best class attendance for the autumn term.